The Ameriprise Investment Research Group seeks a Sr. Equity Research Analyst to provide coverage of the Health Care sector. An Ameriprise equity analyst provides original research and value-added insights to the company’s network of over 9,000 Financial Advisors. Analysts regularly provide equity recommendations from a Recommended List of 18 to 20 stocks, supporting these recommendations with daily actionable ideas, regular Company Notes and proprietary Sector Insight and Equity Perspectives reports. The Health Care Analyst will also produce equity recommendations for in-house Model Portfolios while assisting in the management of these portfolios, which are widely used by Ameriprise Financial Advisors. The Director of Equity Research benchmarks the Healthcare Analyst’s performance against well-established indices.
Key Responsibilities :
- Make investment recommendations and manage a sector Recommended List of 18 to 20 equities for advisor and client use.
- Write insightful and timely company-specific and thematic daily commentaries and reports that showcase sector expertise, providing opinions and action-oriented ideas for advisors and clients.
- Respond to advisor and/or client questions and requests regarding industry and/or company trends and events.
- Work and collaborate with other Ameriprise research analysts; provide peer review of team research notes and reports as requested.
- Participate as a member of the team responsible for managing domestic equity models, acting as the senior Health Care sector manager.
- May include presentations at company-sponsored client events with detailed knowledge of a particular industry and/or individual companies.
- Maintain detailed records for analyzing company and industry data, including charts, graphs, trend analysis, etc. Preserve due diligence files as appropriate and required.
- Perform special projects as required.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Investments-related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience covering the Healthcare sector equities
- Advanced financial training including at least five years practical experience valuing companies or projects using various methods, including discounted cash flow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively convey investment recommendations to all levels of advisors and clients through written reports and commentaries
- Aptitude for identifying and analyzing valuable economic trends impacting the Health Care sector; maintain an extensive knowledge base and understanding of the sector
- Ability to establish then maintain strong, positive business relationships across teams
- Attentive to details with demonstrated respect for accuracy and commitment to a high level of personal accountability
- Active Series 7
- Active State securities agent registration (S63 or S66)
- Active Series 16 or the ability to obtain within 120 days of hire date
- Active Series 86/87 registrations or the ability to obtain within 120 days of hire date
Preferred Qualifications :
- Masters/advanced degree
- Active Series 16
- Three-plus years of experience working in the Health Care sector
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and thoughtfully challenge convention
- Experience successfully developing proprietary investment projects and products
- CFA charter holder, CFA candidate or other professional financial designation(s) – or desire to pursue the same
- Buy-side or Sell-side equity investment experience
About Our Company
We’re a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses – Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Family Group
Business Support & Operations
Line of Business
FPPS Wealth Management Solutions