Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That’s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Your role: Reporting to the Head of Global Digital Health, the Head of New Product Planning & Portfolio Expansion (NPP & PE) is accountable to lead an ambition and team responsible for the scouting, evaluation, and initiation of an “around and beyond the drug” opportunities in digital health and connected device portfolio, aligned with the Healthcare portfolio and strategic priorities across all Franchises
You are accountable to identify, orchestrate, and help realize high-value opportunities along the care continuum to enhance therapy offering, differentiation, and business growth. You will also play a key role in increasing our patient directness in its mission to help create, improve and prolong lives.
To this effect, you will partner with an array of internal and externals stakeholders to define and match the right opportunities with the right technologies and innovative business and partnership models to make digital health a fit-for-purpose enabler for strategic objectives
You will ensure that our Healthcare business is leading the industry in its digital health ambition, portfolio, and value realization. The role is expected to represent the company in applicable external consortia and at appropriate conferences.
Who you are
- Higher education in biological science or technology subject; an advanced degree (M.S., PhD) is preferred with consulting experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a global healthcare industry with approximately 5 years of demonstrated leadership experience with strategic focus and strong relationship management skills in diverse roles.
- Strong business development and product development skills with a critical understanding of drug, device, and digital health solution development, broad knowledge in ideation
- Effective stakeholder relationships, from building to sustaining
- Intrinsic passion for advancing human disease understanding and transforming healthcare using digital technologies
- Expert knowledge in the global biopharmaceutical industry with strong analytics and advanced quantitative analysis skills and a high capacity for conceptual thinking.
- Proven impact and reputation to deliver against business goals with budget responsibility
- Experience and success working highly matrixed environment through influence and collaboration, and proven ability to lead and inspire a team
- Ability to deliver outcomes under pressure with agility performance and resource management
- Strong industry thought leadership recognized externally
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html