We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Business Intelligence Analyst III position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Colorado Access and is in Colorado.
What you will do:
Under the supervision of the Manager of Business Intelligence, the Business Intelligence Analyst III is responsible for supporting organizational decision-making through complex analysis, reporting, research, and effective use of data generated from our information systems. They will be within the Business Intelligence Department, providing extracted data sets, in-depth complex analyses, and reports to support the reporting needs of multiple lines of business.
Serves as an integrated line of business team member ensuring that information needs are understood, complete specifications are identified, and the appropriate analysis, research, report, or other support is identified to address those needs. Analyzes and documents requirements through research, data gathering, and brainstorming activities. Designs and documents customer reporting and analytic requests by defining, creating, evaluating, and selecting alternatives. Key considerations in the selection process include:
o Colorado Access, Business Intelligence, and Line of Business strategic plan alignment
o Business problems and opportunities
o Operational efficiency
o Process improvement
o Techniques used in analysis and design include, but are not limited to: Report Mockups, Analytical Project Design
· Transforms complex Business Intelligence requests, both internal and external, into useful products with actionable outcomes that utilize the most credible and efficient data source, subject to relevant materiality levels. Identifies and creates new data objects. Presents report results to Senior Management.
· Identifies actionable issues through data interpretation and research. Provides summary of trends, observations, and actionable items on complex reporting issues and development reports. Applies advanced data analysis and statistical techniques to answer any number of complex data questions and initiatives. Validates that output meets Line of Business needs. Partners with Line of Business Directors to “dig deeper” into output and identifies areas of further analysis.
· Utilizes a variety of software applications and data sources to develop methodologies for the Business Intelligence department and the Analysis and Reporting Team.
· Actively develops new tools and system enhancements, troubleshoots and solves data issues.
· Seeks out, identifies, documents, and initiates resolutions to data quality issues that are discovered during report and analysis development.
· Participates in available training programs and maintains an individual training/education strategy with immediate supervisor.
· In coordination with Department management, specific elements of the Company’s Strategic Plan will be identified as focus areas for this position and will be included as position responsibilities.
What you will bring:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in health care related area, statistics, computer systems, finance or accounting. Equivalent combination of experience and/or education may substitute with a preference for four years progressive relevant work experience.
Experience: Minimum of seven years’ experience in healthcare data related field with at least three years of SQL experience. Significant and demonstrated experience with advanced data reporting and analysis methods, data management and query tools including the use of Toad, Business Objects, Tableau, Python, or other similar tools required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Expert understanding of health benefits, medical terminology, medical procedures, and managed care industry; expertise with CPT, ICD and other coding systems; demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and research ability as evidenced by experience in the identification of requirements and the definition, evaluation, and selection of appropriate solutions to business problems or opportunities. Must be proficient in MS-Office applications (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint); experience with analytics tools or languages such as SAS, Python or R is a plus. Experience with data management and query tools, such as Power BI and Tableau and SQL Experience is required.
Licenses/Certifications: A valid driver’s license and proof of current auto insurance will be required for any position requiring driving.
Together we will be an Innovative and collaborative BI team that supports each other, the employees, and the vision of the company to reach our goals individually, together, and as an organization.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with health IT business intelligence. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.