Location: Southampton Science Park, Chilworth
Salary: £34,314 to £41,931 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Wednesday 21 June 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Do you want a job where you will help make a real difference? Are you confident with developing and delivering insight and analysis? Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking to recruit a Business Analyst to join our National Institute of Health and Care Research (NIHR) Co-ordinating Centre to help us achieve our mission to improve the health and wealth of the nation through research.
Who are we?
We are NIHR co-ordinating centre, hosted within the School of Healthcare, Enterprise and Innovation. The NIHR funds, enables, and delivers world-leading health and social care research that improves people’s health and wellbeing and promotes economic growth. Our research helps turn discoveries into new or improved treatments, diagnostics, medical technologies, and services. It provides those working in the NHS, public health, global health, and social care with the evidence they need to better support patients, the public and people who need care.
What will you do?
Working within our Insight team the successful post holder will co-develop and deliver insight and analysis to inform the delivery, policy, and practice of our centre and the wider NIHR. You will also contribute to the delivery and improvement of the Insight Team’s four core services: Data Service; Information Request Service; Portfolio Analysis Service; Research and Evaluation Service. Some of the key day-to-day tasks in this role are:
- Support those seeking data to refine their requirement, developing and agreeing a scope of work
- Provide response to routine, urgent or ad-hoc reporting information requests
- Project managing a cross-section of insight projects
- Reviewing and improving processes by responding to existing issues or proactively identifying new issues
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with Proven experience of managing and analysing data and interpreting findings. Additionally, the successful candidate will need to be comfortable working in an environment where priorities change rapidly and work is delivered with agility. Other key skills to be successful in this role include:
- Experience in using MS Excel to clean and analyse Data
- Excellent project management skills and experience with the ability to independently organise work
- Strong communication skills and ability to build good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills for identifying and interpreting trends
Why join us?
We think working here is great and we take the care of our staff seriously- putting our people at the heart of what we do. To learn more about what it’s like working with us, including flexible working, development opportunities and much more, then visit our website here! But don’t just take our word for it why not check out what our staff have to say below:
This role is offered as a full time (35 hours per week) but we may consider part time to 0.8 WTE, please just state this in your application.
If you have any questions about the role please contact us at [email protected]