COME GROW WITH US!
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers since 1949. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso™ and Shell ® branded
retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 10 years in a row, achieving Platinum Member status. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Ontario and Western Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
A result of recent Organizational realignment to establish further efficiency, MEI is looking for a detail oriented and analytical individual with a strong methodological approach for the position of Accounting Supervisor to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the responsibilities of the
Accounting Supervisor include:
- Being a key participant in month-end and year-end closing processes, including preparing general ledger & various financial reconciliations for specific account ownerships.
- Conducting in-depth reviews of general ledger transactions, including resolving discrepancies and initiating follow-up actions to minimize future errors in processing.
- Creating and maintaining a fixed asset database for eventual integration into Epicor.
- Supporting maintenance of the chart of accounts general ledger definition.
- Reviewing various financial processes within the finance department looking for efficiency improvements.
- Being responsible for maintenance within Epicor including research of uncleared service jobs; missing industry segments; service technician maintenance and contractor set up, new buyer set up and DAG/Buyer quarterly audits.
- Preparing any project templates required for various audits to ensure that timelines for data collection are met.
- Overseeing one direct report, a Financial Analyst, a role that has responsibility for regulatory tax filings and reconciliations and provides other general accounting support.
- Performing any other duties as required to support the overall area ownerships.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance, with 3 – 5 years in an analyst role; Accounting designation or working towards an Accounting designation
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail required
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office software products required; ERP experience a definite asset
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Solid organizational, planning and self-management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing business priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or send a resume by email us to: [email protected]
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest. McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.